Last post for 2011. Lunchie at Rockwell with my girlies last Wednesday. Sometimes, all you need is to talk to your girl friends who can understand what you’re going through. Spending time with them was really refreshing. I super missed them too!!
I’m doing it! Another blog post on maternity style. I will definitely remember these days of fabulous largeness. I always love Nicole Richie and Kourtney Kardashian’s sense of style. They could throw whatever on and it would just look great on them. They even looked better than ever when they’re pregnant. This just shows that you could be pregnant and have great style at the same time. From my own experience, wearing fitted clothing not only shows your beautiful bump. But slims you down. Most importantly, you do not need to really eat for two!! Teehee. Well, sometimes.
Although there really is no feeling more glorious than carrying a growing life inside you, it does come with its (well worth it) drawbacks:
1. Your body will NEVER be the same again.
2. You may experience intense nausea, yet somehow need to overeat anyway. (I’ve gone through this during my first four months and gawd it was horrible!)
3. You will feel huge and yucky no matter how good everyone else thinks you look.
4. You will feel 10 degrees hotter than everyone else… which is horrid in the summer time.
5. You will always feel like there’s a lack of decent clothing! (I should know!)
So here are some of my fashion do’s and don’ts for expectant dressing:
DO invest in white, it is both versatile and cool as your go to summer color.
DO wear sleek maxi skirts with simple and comfy tee or a maxi dress. Make sure the maxi isn’t too voluminous.
DO buy items with soft ruffles or ruching… this is a great way to camouflage volume. Tried and tested I tell you!
DO accessorize! Try a pair of great shaped sunglasses, a bold necklace, chunky bangles or a flowy lightweight scarf to add interest and balance to your ensemble.
DON’T be afraid to go graphic in your patterns.
DON’T wear 6 inch heels… your center of balance is off and you do NOT want to fall! Believe me. I tried! Hahaha.
Huge thanks Kai for the cute present for my lil princess. :)
That would be all. Happy New Year loves! :)